1. What are the concrete objectives of the partnership:
- Sharing experience, improving knowledge of members and staff of partner organisations, their local partners, NGO’s, public and privet organisations that work on Prevention of Domestic Violence Against Disabled Children.
- Awareness raising activities, exchanging about strategies and working methods about project among partner institutions.
- Creating opportunities for international exchanges, mobility and cooperation of staff, educators, and learners from vulnerable groups, without any discrimination.
- Promoting the informal and the non-formal learning methods during the partnership.
- Creating a web site referent point for the community, with movies, texts, and stories about the psychological needs of the disabled children.
- Contribute to create a sustainable partnership among partners for work on the subject of the project and become a reference point among our society for the theme of the project.
- Take STEPS to create a base for a European Network on the theme of the project.
2. Explain what subjects or problems you intend to address:
Domestic violence is a universal problem and it is discussed in today’s world but domestic violence against disabled children is not a well-known subject because dealing with the relationship between disability and violence is really difficult. Children with disabilities are one of the most vulnerable groups in societies. Violence against children has a far deeper impact than the immediate harm caused. It has devastating consequences for the children who experience it, and a traumatic effect on their future life. To prevent this problem, political will, legal and civil action in all sectors of society should be guided.
3. What approach will you take to achieve your objectives?
Awareness raising activities with parents, professionals and generally society about subject of the project, field search, contacting and involvement of target groups to directly project activities, mobility of the learner and staff working in the field will be our main approach to achieve our objectives. Following some more details on approaches to take:
- During the country visits, local organizers of all sectors, learners and politicians are invited to join in: New contacts, new ideas and discussions how to implement the ideas of STEPS and how to work together in the future.
- To use the social medias in all partner countries and to organize a concerted flash mob.